How to Setup VPN on Android TV Box
Learning how to setup and install VPN on Android TV box can be accomplished in a series of short steps, as outlined in this guide. Doing so will greatly enhance the privacy, security, and speed of your box, media center, and Internet browsing. Additionally, using IPVanish VPN on your Android TV Box allows you to unblock websites, videos, and other Internet content in any country that would have been otherwise unavailable. We have partnered up with IPVanish VPN to offer you up to 60% discount. IPVanish VPN allows 5 connections from one single account at the same exact time, now that’s a bargain.
Why The Need to Install VPN on Android TV Box
With the UK controversy regarding the Investigatory Powers Act, (the snooper’s charter), confirmed leaks of the N.S.A. (National Security Agency) snooping on the activities of private U.S. citizens, the enhanced fears of many since Donald Trump’s presidency, the hacking of Yahoo, Facebook, and other accounts, widespread DDOS attacks, bank and identity theft, and the overall wild west environment that currently pervades the international IoT (Internet of Things), only you can protect yourself, your family, and your network. This could be easily passed off fear propaganda, but if you know anyone who has received a “cease and desist” letter from their ISP, then you know just how important these basic privacies are, not to mention the fact that the slow down on your network is probably actually throttling by your ISP itself.
With all of this in mind, it is imperative that every Android TV box user knows how to protect themselves.
Let’s Get Started Installing IPVanish VPN
Although this guide is intended to teach how to setup any VPN on an Android TV Box, we will use IPVanish VPN as an example. To begin setting up IPVanish VPN, do the following:
How to Install VPN on Android TV Box
- First, you need to sign up for a VPN account. We have partnered with IPVanish VPN to offer you up to 60% discount.
- Go to the home screen or launcher on your Android TV box.
- Next, go to the Google Play Store app from the home screen or launcher on your device.
- Click the search box within the Google Play Store app and search for IPVanish VPN.
- Once you find IPVanish VPN in the Google Play Store, click “Install” and allow it to install onto your device.
- Affirm that you accept the app permissions by clicking “Accept.” If you reached this point in the guide, you should have successfully installed IPVanish VPN onto your Android TV box.
- Now, click the home button on your Android TV box, taking you back to your home screen.
- Click “My Apps.” (navigate to Apps section).
- Click the IPVanish App to open it so that you can log in with your IPVanish account information and connect to the VPN. Once the App is open, enter your IPVanish username and password, and then click “Log in.”
- Decide how you want to connect by choosing “Country,” “City,” and “Server” to which you would like to connect, and finally, click “CONNECT.”
- Once you see a “Connection Request,” click “OK.”
- When you are connected, you will be able to see that your “Connection Status” is “Connected.” Your new “IP Address”, “Location”, “Time Connected”, and “Server” stats will also display on the IPVanish screen.
That’s it, folks. This is just how quickly you can setup a VPN on any Android TV box with one of the Best VPN for Kodi IPVanish. It’s definitely worth taking these brief steps toward maximum security and privacy for your browsing peace of mind. If you are using Kodi then you could be using Acestreams, Torrents or P2P so you’ll certainly need some protection for a small amount per month and peace of mind.
Make sure to sign up for your specially-priced IPVanish account. But you definitely don’t have to take our word for it. Check it out and see for yourself.