How To Wipe KODI, Remove A Build, Clear Settings with Fresh Start in XBMC/KODI
Fresh Start Kodi this is the easiest way to wipe, fix and return to default skin and settings on KODI / XBMC. Also, you can remove any Build before installing a new one. Indeed, this is the best way to clear and delete everything in KODI/XBMC before installing a Build.
This method works in any device: iOS, Android, Windows, OSX, Linux, etc.
- First go to Home screen
- Select System
- Select File Manager
- Add Source
- Enter http://dimitrology.com/repo/
- Enter DIMI in the bottom box
- Select OK
- Go Back to the home screen
- Select addons and Select addon browser Kodi 17 users and above.
- Select System and Select addons Kodi 16 users.
- Install from zip
- Select Dimirology
- Select plugin.video.frsh.start-x.x.zip
- Wait for notification
- Go to Program addons
- Select Fresh Start
- You will see a pop up asking if you want to reset your system back to original setup.
- Click Yes
- This will take around 3-5 minutes to clear your Kodi device. Once this is done you will be asked to restart Kodi. We recommend you unplug the power from the device for 10 seconds and plug back in.
- Now when plugged back in Kodi will be a brand new fresh start, you will have to add your Kodi Build or Kodi Addons back on the device.
Follow instructions below will help you with a fresh start on Kodi How To Wipe Kodi on Firestick.The below will totally restore Kodi on Firesticks and also wipe Kodi on Fire TV devices. Once done you will have wiped Kodi device, this means you will need to reinstall any addons builds etc.
How To Wipe Kodi On Firesticks
- Firstly you will need to close Kodi on your Firestick is you are currently using it, then go to the home screen of you firestick or fire tv.
- Go to Settings tab near the bottom of your Fire TV screen, scroll down using remote.
- Select the Applications tab.
- Scroll down and Select Manage Applications.
- Scroll down and Select Kodi.
- Scroll down and Select Clear Data.
- You will now receive the following message on your screen “Delete app data?” option
- Select Clear data again.
- Use the remote scroll up button and then click the “Launch Application” option
- This will confirm that Kodi has now been reset to the factory default settings.
- Now you can reinstall your favorite Kodi addons, skins, builds and more on your Firestick or Fire TV device.