How To Install Kodi On Firestick Using Android Device and ES File Explorer
1. To install Kodi on firestick using ES File Explorer you will need ES File Explorer installed on your Android device and developer options enabled on your Firestick.
To install Kodi on Firestick using Android device, put your Fire Stick in your TV. Go to Settings > System > Developer Options.
Switch On both Apps From Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging.
Also read our guide on “How to Install VPN on Amazon Fire Stick“
Install Kodi On Firestick Using ES File Explorer and Android Phone
2. First, you need to open ES File Explorer on our Android device and push the button with 3 lines top left.
3. Then open the Network section and choose the Android TV section.
4. Press scan and it will search your network for your Firestick.
5. Once the scan is complete, it will show your devices. Mine is the IP address ending in 12. Click on yours and it will open up the Firestick file system.
Note: If ES File Explorer is not already installed on your Firestick, it will automatically install it for you. Once complete, click on the icon again.
6. Then you need to go to Disks as shown in the screenshot below.
7. Choose Download. This folder will usually be empty.
8. Now scroll left to swipe to your Android device file system and locate the Kodi APK. Long press on the Kodi icon and press copy.
9. Now scroll left to swipe to your Android device file system and locate the Kodi APK. Long press on the Kodi icon and press copy.
10. Then swipe right. Back to the Firestick Download folder and press paste. It will now Transfer the APK over.
11. Now you need to go back to the Firestick and open ES File Explorer.
12. Click Local, then Download.
13. Scroll right to highlight the Kodi APK
14. Click Install again and again
15. That’s it Kodi is now on your Firestick. This method is good for not only installing APKs, but also for larger back up zips of your own build.
Once again a huge thanks to David Fry for giving up his time to provide this post to help others. If you want to thank David for his work or follow on twitter please use @davidfry77
Kodi users are facing many issues from stream providers blocking or limiting streaming, a way to resolve is using a VPN we have a great discounted for Kodi VPN users. Please click on our Firestick VPN DEAL click HERE