Kodi is familiar to almost all of you and if you are here then you are especially interested in knowing about its setup. Kodi is the free & open source content player that is specifically created to provide home entertainment for its viewers. Users of Kodi are worldwide and these are increasing day by day. Kodi is in services since 2002. Everyone using it is left amazed due to its marvelous features and attraction it grabs from the viewers lasts forever. Without indulging in a longer discussion, we will cut the story short and will lead you to your desired information.
Kodi Setup Guide on Different Platforms
Kodi is used on the following platforms:
- Mac OS
- Raspberry Pi
Names of Kodi compatible devices include Fire TV, Android TV-Set top boxes, Nvidia Shield etc.
How to Install Kodi on Windows 10 or Any Other Version
Kodi can be installed on the Windows in 2 ways. In both of these ways, there is something common. In both, one needs to navigate towards official download site of the Kodi TV. When you get there, choose windows from the compatible platforms. After that, you will have 2 options for installing Kodi on the Windows PC, Windows store, and installer. When you select Windows store, sign in is required by using Microsoft account if you do not have one. In case you are already signed up for Microsoft account, get one and click on the “get app” for installing Kodi. For getting an executable-file, click on the installer. This click will activate automatic download after which you can run that installer. When downloading is complete, you can launch it and enjoy using it.
How to Install Kodi on Mac OS X 18.X.X
- The first step is to navigate and go to the official download site of the Kodi TV
- From the compatible platforms` list choose MAC OS
- After you have installed the installer, double-click on the file downloaded to extract disk image
- Now drag & drop this application to MAC application if you do not get direction for doing so from the MAC
- After completion of the above, click & launch application of Kodi
- Note: there might pop up a notification from MAC for not allowing app`s launch from developers that are unknown. In such case, follow tips for disabling it.
- Click on apple-icon located on screen`s top left
- Now go to system preferences option and then through this to the security & privacy
- From there you will see the option for opening the application and be able to enjoy Kodi
How to Install Kodi on Android
For installing Kodi on the android, 2 methods work well. First one works via play store of Google whereas 2nd one is to download APK & manually run it.
How to Install Kodi on Android Via Google’s Play Store
- Get to play store via android smartphone
- In the search box, type Kodi
- First result appearing will be the right official one so click on it
- Tap on install option, which will initiate the downloading process immediately
- When the download is complete, launch Kodi and enjoy
How to Install Kodi on Android – Manual Installation
- Get to the installation option and from there enable installation via unknown sources
- From the setting menu go to the locate option
- From there enable installation via unknown sources
- Next step is to get to the official website of Kodi TV for downloading and select option saying Kodi for the android
- This will turn on the app`s installation
- After installation of the application let it run and enjoy Kodi
How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box
For installing the Kodi app on the Android TV, 2 methods can work.
- In case of having play store on the Android TV, the process is very simple.
- First, open TV box & then go to application of play store. Open it
- In the search box type Kodi
- First option appearing will be the official Kodi
- Click on the install option after which automatic download will start
- When the installation is complete you can enjoy Kodi
There are circumstances when Google play is not installed on the Android TV. If this is the case, another remedy is to use ES file-explorer.
- Go to the settings menu on TV and then from system to developer options
- There you will see options for enabling downloading from the unknown sources
- Get back and initiate application of ES explorer
- After it opens go to tools and then download manager and click “new”
- In the option for name write Kodi
- Choose download now after which downloading of Kodi will initiate
- Now launch Kodi application
How to Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick 2018
Installing Kodi on the Fire TV & Firestick can be done in various ways. Using a downloader is the simplest method. For this purpose, you need Amazon TV downloader to enable downloading of Kodi application. As it won’t cost any so be happy. On the Fire TV, you can search via different means. The easiest and most reliable is to go through the home screen. Write “downloader” and get it as the first result. Now click and install this application. After you are done with its installation, go through below steps:
- Allow application installation from unknown sources
- Boot up the downloader installed after which application feed will appear in the form of pop up
- In case of pop up does not appear, check it in the installed apps
- After getting the downloader, you will copy Kodi`s URL and then paste it in the downloader
- You will be directed to the linked webpage for installing Kodi
- There you will find many versions of Kodi
- Find a version you find right and download it
- You can check Kodi in the recent files
- Launch this application and then use it
How to Install Kodi on iPhone and iPad
People do jailbreak iPhones & iPads for downloading and accessing Kodi. Kodi can, however, be downloaded even without jailbreaking devices. Cydia Impactor is the right tool for this purpose. iOS users use Cydia for installation of apps that are not available in the apple store. It works for Windows and MAC OS as well. In order to download Kodi on the iPhone & iPad, you need Kodi IPA-file and Cydia Impactor. After installation of Cydia Impactor & downloading of the IPA file, proceed as follows:
- Take your iDevice and connect it to MAC or computer. When you do this iTunes will open automatically. So, close it down and then continue
- Now launch Cydia Impactor and drag & drop IPA file on this app
- From the menu click on the “start”
- Here you will be required to use your Apple-ID to verify your identity that is crucial for signing into the IPA-file
- After successful installation of the app, go to the settings and then to the general to profiles and finally to device management and click “Trust”
- This will launch the app
Another way to install Kodi app on the iOS is via Tweakbox.
Use these simple to follow methods for installing Kodi add-ons and start enjoying this most versatile entertainment tool. While using Kodi it is better to ensure your safety & security and to enjoy anonymously. The perfect way of being anonymous is to use a VPN like IPVanish VPN. Welcome to the world of Kodi and start enjoying unlimited entertainment.